Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am...

I am wrestling with the idea that I cannot do everything. I cannot be everything, or see or hear or smell or taste or touch everything. I cannot meet everyone, I cannot explore every nook and cranny of the world. there are facts I will never know, there are things I will never try. while some may find themselves inspired by the limitless possibilities of exploration, experience, and sensation, I am instead crippled by the constraints. I am overwhelmed. the internet, television, movies, magazines, music - they all remind me of the multitude of directions my mind and my life can go, and how I often feel motionless with awe or confusion, my mind helplessly reeling. as it reels now. I need an outlet. all this chaotic thought and energy is making my head and heart hurt. why do I feel as though I must leave no stone unturned? why can I not be at peace with the unknown and the undiscovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment